Measuring Mobile App Experience
The team needed to rapidly and measurably understand the experience of their application to determine where to spend development effort in improvements.
They needed to understand the experience of the App, as well as where to spend development effort in improvements so that it could be as good as possible for the event.
The App had been the product of a great idea, and moved along a feature based implementation plan. The experience was not optimized.
We used our data driven experience review process to:
- Teach the team how to measure the total experience of their application.
- Evaluate the App using the EffectUX methodology combining design, experience and user flows - across over 60 points of analysis.
- Provide recommendations and example concepts in under 10 days.
- Measurable Increase in Experience: Within just one sprint which worked on the selected improvements, a second evaluation demonstrated a 10% increase in experience.
- Tangible experience measurement that they could demonstrate: The team were able to showcase their experience centric process, as well as how the experience was begin developed in the coming sprints.
- Optimization of resources and development efforts: Pinpointing the areas that would give maximum impact enabled the team to make decisions based on effort, as well as impact.
Our structured approach looks at what a user will be doing with the application then measures their perception of speed, ease and if it meets their expectations, combining this with a measure of their overall perception for a holistic, measurable and actionable view into their experience.