THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
WITH MORE OPTIONS AND ACCESS AT THE FINGERTIPS OF CONSUMERS TODAY, THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY ARE RELYING ON PROVIDING THE RIGHT CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TO MAKE THEM MEMORABLE.
Customer Experience is not an unfamiliar term for the hospitality industry. They were creating customer experiences long before the rise of smartphones or even the internet. You could say that they were even first to the game of reviews with their star ratings and industry stamps of approval.
However, even with such a rich customer centric history, the hospitality industry has still been impacted as Customer Experience has become even more of a differentiator, and this world of always on and extensive access has introduced various challenges.
Some of the Challenges the hospitality industry faces today include:
- Competing with other Guest Experiences: Today a positive guest experience is outweighing in traveler selection criteria than even price and location. It can be hard to differentiate on this, unless you truly understand what is important to the guest experience for your target traveler audiences.
- An increasing web of channels and touch points: The guest or patron journey as they move from awareness and discovery, to researching options, into purchasing, preparing for their experience, the experience itself and post customer engagement post, has multiple physical and digital channels that all need to play together to create the right experience. The backend tools and processes are vital in ensuring the experience can be delivered.
- It gets harder to garner memorable customer reactions: With increased options through a crowded competitive landscape and higher expectations it has become even more difficult to create an experience that a customer connects with, let alone garner a shared positive experience.
Using Experience Design thinking, some of the ways we can help you include:
- Understand the Guest Journey: Identifying areas for optimization, how you can engage customers at each stage and garner loyalty while optimizing cost of operations.
- Understand the impact of physical and digital touch points: Emotions are the basis of decision making and the key to experience. Understanding how your touch points impact your Customers emotional journey will enable you to create experiences that connect with them.
- Flow optimization: We can use our propriety method to optimize the customer flow for a particular part of their journey e.g. check-in. and then use this to engineer success.
- Review your guest experience: We can provide expert review of the experience you offer and identify areas for improvement.
- Employee engagement: One of the keys to successful hospitality and success, we can help you analyze your employee experience and design engaging experiences that enable your employees to provide a great customer experience.
Request a consultation today and talk to one of our experts to see how we can help you to create compelling experiences that connect with your customers
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION